Pages

Dynamic View

Interested in a more interactive experience on my blog? Check out Dynamic Views: Sidebar and Mosaic are my favorite!!!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Alabaster Coffee Roasters- Willamsport PA

I discovered Alabaster Coffee Roaster and Tea Company in the cool autumn of tour last year. We were in Williamsport to perform Macbeth (there were electronic billboards about it as we crossed the bridge into the city...so cool!). We were blessed to have a little bit of down time and the days were beautiful when we got to roam about in downtown Williamsport. My friend Brad and I were roaming and i suggested we stop in for some coffee since it wasn't quite dinner time. Read: I am always hungry...perhaps this will hold me over. 


And what a cool place.





I am a huge fan of rough walls, cool lighting and heavy earthenware so this place was right up my alley. Off of the main room with the counter and a few tables was my favorite parlor with a beautiful blonde wood barn door! So cool. As i mentioned in my last post its the first one i had ever seen in person. So i was stoked. 




According to their website Alabaster is devoted to providing delicious coffee. They buy from farms that use sustainable farming practices. They're roasters are all local pennsylvanians and they (being Artisian Micro Roasters) roast a large number of their coffees themselves and use a variety of brewing methods. As a once and former barista i found this fascinating.  



And their quality and service was great. I had a huge cup of tea, Brad had a Latte and we had a splendid time chatting it up with owner Karl Fisher who was happy to tell us about the lovely cafe. 

If you're ever swinging through Williamsport...i highly recommend it. 
Alabaster Coffee Roaster & Tea Company on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

The Foolish Aesthete said...

This is MY type of coffee place too -- rough, artisan look and micro-beaneries that produce delicious brews (I hate Starbucks)! I don't think I'll be going to PA anytime soon but thank you for letting me know where to head if I'm ever there!

Meta Musings said...

looks like a great place to have a cappuccino and relax! xx

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Looks like my kind of place too. We are very lucky in Melbourne to have some many great coffee spots. Melburnians love their coffee so you never have to travel far to find a great local.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails